Oakland County, Michigan
1.5

I set up an account for a very good friend of mine who is currently awaiting his court date in Oakland County Jail. He was told that OffenderConnect would be shutting down and that I would need to set up an account with IC Solutions, and that their phone calls would be cheaper in the long run, this would be a better communication solution.

He was absolutely incorrect. Although the call costs per call are cheaper, the service fee to add money is more expensive, and NOT ONE CALL EVER CONNECTED! They "investigated" and told me he was possibly moved/he was NOT. Their service continually told me I had a low balance and could not connect (Even after I have added $100 in talk time, amounting in $120 including fees and taxes).

I researched further myself and found my account on Offender Connect did in fact have a low balance (because I was told they were dropping it and switching to this company). Somehow the services are cross referencinig each other. I have since added funds to the old (Offender Connect Account), and requested a full refund from ICSolutions. Of course it only takes 5 minutes for them to take the money from your account, but takes 7-10 business days to put the money back when refunded!

I have informed them that I will post a negative review of their company daily until the funds are show returned to my account, so it would be in their best interest as a business to process the refund quickly.

Literally, they hold you captive when trying to communicate with loved ones who are incarcerated, and when speaking to them regarding issues they speak to you as if you are ignornant - and due to the fact that you have a family member/or friend incarcerated that you must not have a life or a job either and can spend hours on the phone to resolve issues.

Review about: Icsolutions Account.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Lack of follow up, Shows a lack of explaining services that cost a fee.

I didn't like: Poor service, Service fees then expiration, List is way to long, Calls cross reference another company and do not connect, Lack of follow up.

Comments

I requested a refund and to close my account and they said it is there policy to hold my money for 10 days before attempting to even refund me. My money is still sitting in an open account that i requested closed a week ago. Supervisor was no help.

#1432017

Yeah you can’t blame them for the 7-10 days... that’s your banks processing period. It’s that way with any company.

to Anon #1577095

No they hold it 7- 10 days i requested refund one week ago today and my money is still sitting in phone account they have not even attempted to close my account or issue refund yet. They said its their police to hold it 7-10 days then however long it takes for my bank after that.

Warren, Michigan, United States #1354948

I have a relative incarcerated at Oakland County Jail and we setup the phone account for him with $50.00. We have received calls from him but not many.

When I try to connect by pressing 5 after the message, it restarts the initial announcement, and when I press 5 again I get fast busy signal followed by a disconnect. This is frustrating and cruel!!!.

What if there is an emergency? ICS needs to do an investigation of their intermittent phone system which is broken and not fair to the inmates and families who paid to use it.