Oakland County, Michigan
1.5

I set up an account for a very good friend of mine who is currently awaiting his court date in Oakland County Jail.He was told that OffenderConnect would be shutting down and that I would need to set up an account with IC Solutions, and that their phone calls would be cheaper in the long run, this would be a better communication solution.

He was absolutely incorrect. Although the call costs per call are cheaper, the service fee to add money is more expensive, and NOT ONE CALL EVER CONNECTED! They "investigated" and told me he was possibly moved/he was NOT. Their service continually told me I had a low balance and could not connect (Even after I have added $100 in talk time, amounting in $120 including fees and taxes).

I researched further myself and found my account on Offender Connect did in fact have a low balance (because I was told they were dropping it and switching to this company). Somehow the services are cross referencinig each other. I have since added funds to the old (Offender Connect Account), and requested a full refund from ICSolutions. Of course it only takes 5 minutes for them to take the money from your account, but takes 7-10 business days to put the money back when refunded!

I have informed them that I will post a negative review of their company daily until the funds are show returned to my account, so it would be in their best interest as a business to process the refund quickly.

Literally, they hold you captive when trying to communicate with loved ones who are incarcerated, and when speaking to them regarding issues they speak to you as if you are ignornant - and due to the fact that you have a family member/or friend incarcerated that you must not have a life or a job either and can spend hours on the phone to resolve issues.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with lack of follow up and shows a lack of explaining services that cost a fee and stated that there is a room for improvement of poor service and service fees then expiration. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of icsolutions account and associated monetary loss in the amount of $120. Icsolutions needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned icsolutions account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Icsolutions.

Comments

Warren, Michigan, United States #1354948

I have a relative incarcerated at Oakland County Jail and we setup the phone account for him with $50.00.We have received calls from him but not many.

When I try to connect by pressing 5 after the message, it restarts the initial announcement, and when I press 5 again I get fast busy signal followed by a disconnect. This is frustrating and cruel!!!.

What if there is an emergency?ICS needs to do an investigation of their intermittent phone system which is broken and not fair to the inmates and families who paid to use it.